Saturday, August 16, 2008

Star Wars Movie Rocks, Read All About It!

Wow! I just got back from the Star Wars movie with Lexi, Alexis, Connor (and his friend), Sam Iammarino (and his friend Connor), Samuel, Miriam, Brandon, and Matthew Vince. Boy did we have fun. I even brought my wood sword (bokken) to show everyone. Thank to all students who brought a guest.

It was great to see the sword battles and some very cool karate moves. Samurai culture is the basis for all the Star Wars movies and much of it was seen in this movie as well. I really liked how Sky Walker takes an Apprentice and I am think of letting our Black Belts choose a padawan (Apprentice) to train in our karate ways!

Matthew Vince got to stay a little longer outside so we were able to practice Ippon one and Ippon two. Two cool drills which he did very well. Nice work, Sir!

No comments: