Saturday, September 13, 2008

Even Sensei Makes Mistakes!

Dear Students and Families,

One of the biggest challenges for our students seems to be making mistakes. Mistakes are a regular part of life and how we deal with them is key to being successful in life.

So I would like to share a little bit of how my day started on Saturday to show you that even Sensei makes mistakes.

While I started out my day as usually with some early morning training it went downhill from there. On my way to work my car started acting up and I barely made it to work. Then I had an appointment show up 30 mins early. We had some confusion about the scheduled time. I apologized for the mis-communication. Then I couldn't find my key to the school so we did the lesson outside! Just after the lesson I found my key in the car, of course. It had fallen out of by briefcase during my ride to the academy.

Boy was that challenging, but some how it all worked out and Mitchell (the boy who was here for his first lesson) did great.

I want to share that with the tools that my instructors have shared with me about mistakes and how to flow with them it all seemed to work out for the best. So students when you make a mistake or two or a hundred, I can relate it happens to the best of us and it's not if we make mistakes but how we handle them that matters!

Your Sensei,
Scott Shoen

No comments: