Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bainbridge MMA Training Gyms

In this Post
  • News & Upcoming Events
  • Want More Respectful Children? Try using Two Types of Discipline.
  • Weekly Challenge
____________________________________________________________
If your not a FAN of the Victory Fan Page? Your Friends are.
Visit us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Family-Martial-Arts-Academy/122601835635?ref=ts____________________________________________________________

News & Upcoming Events:
  • April 2 - Women's Self-Defense Seminar - 10:00 AM @ Academy - All students, family members, and guests welcome to attend
  • April 3 - 10th - Academy closed for Spring Break
  • April 16th Saturday - Next Academy Graduation - Friends and Family are Welcome
    • Tiny Tigers (2-7) - 12:00 to 1:30 PM
    • Tigers (8-12) - 1:30 to 3:00 PM
    • Adult MMA (13+) - 3:00 to 4:30 PM
________________________________________________________________


Why does Discipline and Self-control work one day then not the next?
Understand this and you will change the way you use authority over your children.


I wrote this because of the many times I read about Discipline and Self-Control I only see one side of a two sided coin talked about.


Lets say your son or daughter will not go to bed. You ask and they say, "No way I have to finish this level on my video game." So you already know how to simply turn the TV off and help (pick them up) them up stairs. This can work well if you don't react to what they do or say and if you are consistent.

OK, so this is the first way and everyone should know about this already. But this should make you wonder about those kids who always seem happy to obey their parents. What in the world are they doing? Do you think they are really just gritting their teeth and exercising their self-control and discipline. My guess is NO!

So here is a second kind of authority or discipline. They are commanding obedance through serves. This is they way a great leader helps others. They serve them lovingly and with a joyfull heart. They help them meet their own needs and grow and in return the other person can't wait to be of serve back. This doesn't happen over night and the first type of discipline is still needed, but it is they way that works at 2 and 22 years old.

OK so how do you use this for your child. First ask yourself what is you level or rapport with your child. This will determine if your child wants to please you.
Grade yourself on the following quiz.

Answer T or F
My Child...
Doesn't act like they missed me when I come home.
Acts disgusted when I ask them to do simple things.
Only listens when I yell.
Constantly speaks disrespectfully to me.
Feels like they can do nothing right in my eyes.
Is secretive around me.
Accuses me of not listening.
Tells others they can't talk with me.
I don't enjoy my childs company.
I feel burned as a parent.

Scoring
0-1 True - Great work
2-4 True - Needs a little work
5+ True - Get to work

Here are some tips to help raise your score.
1. Say I love you
2. Show you love them
3. Keep your promises
4. Play together
5. Spead time together
6. Pray together
7. Have regular family meetings
8. Know their relating style (Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic)




If you thought that this helped you, please comment on our Facebook Fan page, I eagerly await your comments....
 ==============================
Weekly Challenge: Do three things this week to develop more rapport with the ones you love and see if you can command obedience this way. 
 
P.S. If this isn't working right away give it time. It will and double down your efforts.

==============================
==============================
Not a Family Martial Arts Student Yet?

Kickboxing Class in Aurora
Training Gyms in Bainbridge
MMA Gyms Aurora OH

MMA CLEVELAND

Bainbridge MMA Classes
Solon Kickboxing Training
Kids Karate Classes for Better Grades

No comments: